Club News

Due to the current ongoing situation, the June 2020 DTCA AGM, did not take place.  We will try to reschedule for later in the year once matters are clearer.

--37a and 041 Civilian Motor Cyclist (1937-55)

4 hours 44 min ago

-666 Missile Erector Vehicle with Corporal Missile Launcher (1959-64)

6 hours 29 min ago

-666 Missile Erector Vehicle with Corporal Missile Launcher (1959-64)

9 hours 13 min ago

Trade Boxes

9 hours 57 min ago

1 day 8 hours ago

Trade Boxes

1 day 15 hours ago

Trade Boxes

1 day 17 hours ago

Trade Boxes

--23a and 220 Racing Car (3rd casting) (1946-56)

Trade Boxes

-666 Missile Erector Vehicle with Corporal Missile Launcher (1959-64)

-666 Missile Erector Vehicle with Corporal Missile Launcher (1959-64)

-666 Missile Erector Vehicle with Corporal Missile Launcher (1959-64)

4 days 31 min ago

-130 Ford Consul Corsair (1964-69)

Trade Boxes

Vehicle Registration Plates

1 week 1 day ago

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2021.

1 week 1 day ago

Trade Boxes

1 week 1 day ago

Trade Boxes

1 week 1 day ago

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2021.

1 week 2 days ago

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2021.

1 week 3 days ago

-177 Opel Kapitan Saloon (1961-66)

1 week 3 days ago

--23a and 220 Racing Car (3rd casting) (1946-56)

1 week 3 days ago

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2021.

1 week 3 days ago

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2021.

1 week 3 days ago

Trade Boxes

1 week 3 days ago

--23g, 233 and 208 Cooper-Bristol Racing Car (1952-64)

1 week 3 days ago

-571 and 971 Coles Mobile Crane (1949-66)

1 week 3 days ago

-564 and 964 Barber-Greene Olding Elevator Loader (1952-68)

1 week 3 days ago

-571 and 971 Coles Mobile Crane (1949-66)

1 week 3 days ago

-571 and 971 Coles Mobile Crane (1949-66)

1 week 3 days ago

• Since: 01/10/2021 - 00:19

New arrivals (cont...)

Ordered as early as mid-November this lovely example of the final edition of the well-known maroon Horse Box, now in bright grey and yellow, arrived just before Christmas. Both the UK vendor and myself became almost desperate if it would ever arrive at all. Fortunately it turned out to become an unexpected major Christmas present this way - and the final Dinky addition for this year.

Strictly spoken this 1961 issue is a little beyond my collecting era, but it's a logical extension of the primary no. 581 Horse Box issue of 1953, and it is a really beautiful clean, near mint gem in the old 'without windows' and without any 'extra features' tradition. Both plastic horses are still sealed in their little plastic bag included (the only plastic items).

Most probably extremely busy parcel services because of a combination of Christmas, Brexit and the pandemic caused this unusual long delay, which I have never experienced before. Very happy after all! Kind regards, Jan

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Jan--Very nice, and as you said, a logical extension of your normal collecting era, and very fortunately without the windows and the later plastic wheels too.  A great way to end your collecting year and a really nice Christmas present!

Best regards,  Terry

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

What a reflief! The loss of that model would have been sad, since it is not an easy find, especially in that condition.

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Here is my final arrival for 2020 ... not a hard model to find, and not in pristine condition, but I didn't have one with the tan decks before ...

Best wishes to all for a better New Year!!

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Jonathan---That may not be perfect, but it does look very nice, especially in that nice scene.  I have come to like these early versions, even better than the later two-color versions.  A very nice, late in the year ad to your growing collection.  You have added a number of very nice Dinky's this year!
    Best regards,  Terry

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Terry, thank you for your comments -- so very kind as always. I must admit that I get no credit for the scene as it is just a picture of the model sitting on the fence belonging to a deck at the rear of the house, with our customary view of Fremont Peak behind.

I'm afraid I can offer neither such a scenery nor similar weather conditions for my Christmas addition. It's dark, dull, cold and wet here, circumstances which would hardly contribute to the presentation and preservation of a vintage Dinky Toy. Anyway, a very nice early Pullmore you have there indeed, Jonathan.

As my new horse box is concerned, after one month the seller and I had agreed on a refund already. Then, only a few days after this refund was done by him the model arrived, and I re-refunded the money immediately. You can imagine both of us were very happy with the positive outcome of this adventure in the end. Kind regards, Jan

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

The weather is finally miserable (dare I say almost British?) here today so I could only photograph the first arrival of 2021 in the display space I carved out for it. (Hence, bad light and poor depth of field -- sigh.)

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Jonathan--Congratulations on another nice Aston Martin DB3S.  That one was always one of my favorites in that nice little series of sports/touring cars from England.  Did you make room by just crowding a bit more?
     Best regards,  Terry

Two fine additions arrived today, both real beauties. In order to avoid unpredictable initial import complications I bought these from a fellow-countryman. The no. 735 Gloster Javelin was present already, but I fell for the untouched, clean, creaseless new box. There is only a very neatly written tiny note on it stating the date of acquisition by the initial owner: 11.12.58. I like these small evidences of a model's history. I did not have a Peugeot 203 yet. This one to accompany my 403 and the 403 'familiale'. I do not intend to collect the numerous variations of this model, so I prefer this one, of which I like the colour and the shiny hubs best.

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Jan--Congratulations on your new acquisitions....both very nice!  The Peugeot 203 was one of my earlier French Dinky Toys
purchases.....I bought mine in 1958 from H. Hudson Dobson, and was rewarded with the same wonderful color.....Petrol Blue, which happens to be my favorite too.  The French Meccano factory did another very nice job with this model....it's a very nice rendition of the real car.

Best regards,  Terry

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Terry --yes, it was a combination of more crowding and moving a collection of 410 Bedford Vans to another display case.

Jan, what a wonderful Peugeot. If I ever find one of these I would like that color too!

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Two arrivals today ...

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Jon—-Both very nice! I especially like the Mercedes in that color.....much nicer than the white I have.
Best regards,
Terry

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Yes, I had only the white too, and I agree that the silver is nicer. Meantime the French Austin-Healey should have been a nicer color,     but as you know this is the only color they produced.

Richard's picture
Richard

Hello Friends.

First arrivals in 2021 smiley

Very happy, specially with the Jaguar, which is very hard to find with the white steering wheel .

Kind regards

Richard

This morning they arrived: two proof copies of a tiny little 40 pages 10x13 cm booklet, showing all my additions over the past year.

It looks great - in my opinion. I can recommend you trying yourself. They cost only 15 euros each, the mail included, and the quality is superb! Kind regards, Jan

Pages