--27b and 320 Halesowen Harvest Trailer (1949-71)

18 hours 48 min ago

--27b and 320 Halesowen Harvest Trailer (1949-71)

23 hours 27 min ago

--27b and 320 Halesowen Harvest Trailer (1949-71)

1 day 5 hours ago

--27b and 320 Halesowen Harvest Trailer (1949-71)

1 day 11 hours ago

--27b and 320 Halesowen Harvest Trailer (1949-71)

--27b and 320 Halesowen Harvest Trailer (1949-71)

--27b and 320 Halesowen Harvest Trailer (1949-71)

Matters of scale

1 week 17 hours ago

Matters of scale

1 week 1 day ago

Matters of scale

1 week 1 day ago

Matters of scale

1 week 1 day ago

1 week 3 days ago

1 week 3 days ago

1 week 4 days ago

-480 Bedford 10-cwt Van 'Kodak' (1954-56)

1 week 5 days ago

-178 Plymouth Plaza (1959-63)

1 week 5 days ago

-178 Plymouth Plaza (1959-63)

1 week 5 days ago

-178 Plymouth Plaza (1959-63)

1 week 5 days ago

-178 Plymouth Plaza (1959-63)

2 weeks 1 day ago

-120 Jaguar E Type (1962-67)

2 weeks 4 days ago

--29b Streamlined Bus (1936-50)

3 weeks 1 day ago

-120 Jaguar E Type (1962-67)

3 weeks 3 days ago

Meccano Ltd, Binns Road, Miscellaneous

3 weeks 4 days ago

-480 Bedford 10-cwt Van 'Kodak' (1954-56)

3 weeks 4 days ago

-480 Bedford 10-cwt Van 'Kodak' (1954-56)

3 weeks 4 days ago

-481 Bedford Van 'Ovaltine' (1955-60)

3 weeks 4 days ago

-480 Bedford 10-cwt Van 'Kodak' (1954-56)

3 weeks 4 days ago

-480 Bedford 10-cwt Van 'Kodak' (1954-56)

3 weeks 4 days ago

--27j and 323 Triple Gang Mower (1952-63)

3 weeks 4 days ago

--27ac Tracteur Massey-Harris et remorque épandeur d'engrais [Massey-Harris Tractor and Massey-Harris Manure Spreader] (1950)

4 weeks 1 hour ago

4 weeks 1 hour ago

4 weeks 17 hours ago

4 weeks 18 hours ago

4 weeks 1 day ago

4 weeks 1 day ago

• Since: 08/08/2022 - 12:04

New arrivals (cont...)

RSSierra
DTCA MemberNew Zealand

First Batch. All have gloss black bases, overspun rivets that puncture, but not pierce, the baseplate and very distintive rivet profiles that differ from both standard French and English Dinky Rivets.

RSSierra
DTCA MemberNew Zealand

The rest of the recently acquired South African Assembled models all in one post.

Thanks for looking

Dave

Again, an amazing acquisition, Dave, the collection as a whole, and the South African rarities in particular!

Acquistions of mine of the last month or so pictured below. The no. 980 American market Express Horse Van is a shiny beauty which will replace a poorer example. I found the nice two tone low line cream and tan no. 172 Studebaker Land Cruiser at the Namac Fair, Houten NL, yesterday. Again, another huge and very pleasant meet for many like-minded collectors and dealers from various countries. My earnings by selling some replaced models were easily sufficient enough to buy that one. It is one of the more acceptable two-tone colour combinations of 1956 (in my eyes). I don't like the other maroon with cream version that much. Anyway, a nice addition to the green and blue examples. I took many pictures this afternoon, for the descriptions in my collection catalogue. Three below. Kind regards, Jan

Jan Oldenhuis's picture
Jan Oldenhuis

Dave thank you for photographing and sharing your very beautiful South African collection. Jan all very cool additions. That Express Horse Van is blindingly beautiful. The beautiful shine shows off well in the photo.

Jan Oldenhuis

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA MemberUSA

Minor stuff compared to the goodies on display here recently, but ...

I recently obtained this Studebaker for a reasonable price. It can replace a very battered brown one. The door handles have been touched in, but the rest of the paint is original as far as I can determine.

Meanwhile I had somehow ignored Dinky's lovely triple-gang mower until recently. Thanks to a Facebook post and a recent Auto Jaune article, I noticed just what a lovely model it is -- and I guess I over-compensated slightly.

Arrived today - much later than in previous years - the first printed copy of my 2021 catalogue supplement! I will take this sample with me for display at the AGM in Peterborough, next Saturday. Kind regards, Jan

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Jan---Another very nice addition (and edition!) to your growing collection of very limited edition journals.  For those of us far, far away, we can only dream of browsing through them!

Terry

DavidT
DTCA Member

Looking forward to meeting you, but just to clarify the date is Saturady 9th July 2022 in Peterborough. It says your comment was 7th June and was worried I had missed the AGM.

Please could you give the location and postcode and the time the event opens.

David

Hello David, nice that you intend to attend the AGM!

For extensive information I can refer to page 3 in the April 2022 issue of The Journal and the loose leaflet with agenda included.

I will copy the Journal message below.

Looking forward to see you there, kind regards, Jan

DavidT
DTCA Member

Thank you for the infromation my intention is to be there, am really looking forward to the event and to see what if anything I can contribute..

David

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

A rare new addition to my collection this week.....actually two, but I will focus on just one for now.  Many of you know I retired from active collecting a few years ago, but I still make an occasional purchase when something special stirs me.

And so I found this wonderful example of the 24a Chrysler New Yorker, in the harder to find metallic blue color.  It is virtually mint, with perfect white tires, and a like new crisp box.  This will replace a less than stellar red convertible that I acquired in 1959. I will also elaborate more under the proper heading for it.  But I am quite happy with it!
      Terry

dinkycollect's picture
dinkycollect

Splendid.

DavidT
DTCA Member

Enjoyed the AGM, met some very informative experts and some models that I bid on but lost. Hope to be more involved in the future.

David

Hi David, wonderful to have met you in person for the first time, and the other Dinky friends after at least three years. I love your stories about collecting and the fresh ideas that you introduced about the DTCA.The AGM and the get-together, presentations and sales of Dinky Toys were wonderful once more after such a long time. I bought the two different Streamlined Buses and the bright Telephone Call Box from Bob Burnett, and the Robot Two-Face (angled) plus AA Motor Cycle Patrol from Peter Hall of the ACME Toy Company in Birmingham. With Dave Busfield I visited the Coventry old toys fair on Sunday and made acquaintance with Barry Potter. As a little souvenir I spent 4,00 pounds on an Oxford Diecast mini Dinky Caravan. A lovely weekend indeed!

Kind regards, Jan

Two long desired models arrived today. The white no. 546 Austin Healey was assembled in France, but the previously used 'Assemblé en France' is replaced by 'Made in France' for this model. Many replicas are around today, but this one is the authentic Dinky. It came from Haarlem, the Netherlands. The lovely no. 24n Traction Avant Citroen 11BL is the early version, with tinplate front bumper and the spare wheel at the rear. It came from Calais, France. A snapshot attached. Kind regards, Jan

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Jan--Some more quite nice additions!  That early Citroen is not very easy to find, especially here in the US, where they were never imported.  I found a decent example years ago, but not nearly as nice as yours.  Looking forward to further posts of it along with your usual lovely photographs.

Best regards,  Terry

dinkycollect's picture
dinkycollect

Hello Jan,

A nice pair to be added to your collection.

"Made in" and "assembled in" must not be mistaken.

The Austin Healey # 546 as well as the Aston Martin DB 3 # 506 are embossed MADE IN FRANCE because the moulds have been used in Bobigny like the Alfa Romeo # 185 and other French moulds have been used in Liverpool probably to enlarge the range available on each market.

These are not to be mistaken with the Renault 16 # 537 / 166 and the Dyane # 1413 / 149 the tool of which have been sent to Liverpool when the Bobigny factory closed. Why have they not been sent to the Calais factory will remain a mystery. Both these models are the only ones to have been cast in three different factories of Bobigny, Liverpool and Ibi, Alicante.

The tools for the 24 series Packard and Studebaker have also been used in Bobigny in the 1949 / 50.

Pages