As a little teaser some of the 19 pictures illustrating the Caravane article in the April 2020 issue of the Journal:
1. No. 811 Caravane, second state.
2. Back cover illustration of the French Meccano Magazine of July 1959 (detail).
3. Some rude cut-outs were applied to the French baseplates as soon as the Caravane became available (from: Redempt & Wagner, Série 24 française, p. 121).
4. The later smooth finished baseplate succeeded the early mottled one.
5. The later finely ribbed lantern roof succeeded the early smooth one.
6. The auxiliary jockey wheel was derived from the aircraft family.
7. A more or less correct representation of the model in the French 1961 Dinky Toys catalogue.
8. French and British counterparts compared.