Club News

Due to the current ongoing situation, the June 2020 DTCA AGM, did not take place.  We will try to reschedule for later in the year once matters are clearer.

Production of the DTCA special edition Omnisport model has also been postponed.

Packing pieces

17 hours 53 min ago

Packing pieces

1 day 2 hours ago

Packing pieces

1 day 2 hours ago

-641 Army 1-Ton Cargo Truck (1954-62)

-641 Army 1-Ton Cargo Truck (1954-62)

--24c/24cp and 522 Citroën DS 19 (1956-19..) and 530 Citroën DS 19 berline 1963 (1964-70) and DS 23 berline 1969 (1976-78) (2)

3 days 53 min ago

3 days 1 hour ago

-641 Army 1-Ton Cargo Truck (1954-62)

-161b and 690 Anti-Aircraft Gun on Trailer (1939-55)

-161b and 690 Anti-Aircraft Gun on Trailer (1939-55)

--30a and 32 Chrysler Airflow Saloon (1935-48)

--30a and 32 Chrysler Airflow Saloon (1935-48)

--23g, 233 and 208 Cooper-Bristol Racing Car (1952-64)

--30a and 32 Chrysler Airflow Saloon (1935-48)

--30a and 32 Chrysler Airflow Saloon (1935-48)

--23g, 233 and 208 Cooper-Bristol Racing Car (1952-64)

--30a and 32 Chrysler Airflow Saloon (1935-48)

--23g, 233 and 208 Cooper-Bristol Racing Car (1952-64)

5 days 1 hour ago

--24s and 534 Simca 8 Sport (1952-1960)

--24s and 534 Simca 8 Sport (1952-1960)

Axle ends

1 week 19 hours ago

-521, 921and 409 Bedford Articulated Lorry (1948-63)

1 week 22 hours ago

-521, 921and 409 Bedford Articulated Lorry (1948-63)

1 week 1 day ago

-105 Triumph TR2 Touring Finish (1957-60)

1 week 1 day ago

1 week 1 day ago

-521, 921and 409 Bedford Articulated Lorry (1948-63)

1 week 2 days ago

--23e and 221 'Speed of the Wind' Racing Car (1936-56)

1 week 2 days ago

1 week 5 days ago

-105 Triumph TR2 Touring Finish (1957-60)

2 weeks 15 hours ago

• Since: 10/16/2020 - 12:00

New arrivals (cont...)

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

Jonathan- A couple more very nice adds....especially that Postal Gift Set.....so special, and so nice, and you are right.....a display unto itself!
And scoring a nice Transformer is perfect for your Nicky model. But I really think you need one more display; you’re too young to give it up right now, plus you are on a roll!
Best regards,
Terry

dinkycollect's picture
dinkycollect

Jan

Once more you have found an extraordinary model in excellent +++ conditions.

CONGRATULATIONS

Question : is the base of the early open type or the later closed.

All the best.

Jacques

Jacques, conform the change per 15 December 1939 on drawing job10716 it is closed in the mean time and provided with the spraying boss. As soon as the light permits I will take and post some pictures.

Funny that the seller offered to add four 'correct' black tyres in order to replace the 'incorrect' white tyres, whereas this is obviously the most important and distinctive feature of this example, which I have never seen before - except the pendant Reconnaissance Car wink. Kind regards, Jan

Some recent happy additions: no. 320 Halesowen Harvest Trailer, a later (but pre-plastic main wheels) edition, lighter brown with red racks, plastic jockey wheel and ‘320’ cast in underneath; no. 998 Bristol Britannia Airliner, a late one with red striping, metallic grey finish and in final box; French no. 25o, Ford camion laitier [milk truck], latest edition with open lettering; no. 70c Vickers Viking, an early grey example with pointed propeller pins, and the latest no. 415 Mechanical Horse with Open Wagon, without the ’20’  transfer behind. I may add some more details in the individual model topics. Kind regards, Jan

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

This model arrived yesterday, and I certainly never thought I would have an example given how rare they are (though availability of the Atlas replica may have hurt values some).

How it wound up looking the way it does is hard to guess, though. Perhaps someone's disastrous attempt at cleaning it? However, I'm glad to give it a home anyway!

Fred7A
DTCA Member

It's strange what some people do to their toys!  Perhaps someone wanted to make a rare Baked Beans version?  Apart from the transfer damage it looks to be in lovely condition.

It must be nice to fill one of these "holy grail" gaps - I've just resorted to using Atlas fill-ins for this and the Weetabix.

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Fred, perhaps you're right, they wanted a "baked beans" version?

As this photo shows, Atlas has actually produced such a thing. They also changed the color of the cab and chassis; I have no idea if this has any basis in Heinz history or was purely speculative ...

Fred7A
DTCA Member

Is that green-cabbed Guy an actual Atlas issue, or a "code 3" that has been cobbled up by a creative aftermarket source, together with an all-red flatbed made up from the leftovers?

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

It is an actual Atlas issue ...

Richard's picture

Hi everybody.

Today additions : A Simca Aronde P60 with concav hubs and a pretty Frazer Nash. Unfortunately, I discover that the windscreen is not original. crying

Kind regards

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Some modest new arrivals. I was interested to receive this type of box for the De Soto, as I do not have many of the type with no pictures of the model.

Mine is modest too, Jonathan, not in size but in price. I would never have thought ever to buy a 'ridiculous' model like this, besides, with a lot of plastic. Still, I have some admiration for it as the first Dinky Leyland eight-wheeler with double rear wheels - and it was practically mint and boxed, and very cheap after all. Kind regards, Jan

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Jan -- I purchased my Leyland Eight-Wheeled Chassis from a London newsagent, during my first visit to Britain in 1972. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but it was one of the only Dinkys in the shop. (Not a big seller, obviously.)

It's not that ridiculous, though, apart from the "five ton weights" perhaps. As you probably know, they did drive these chassis around in this form, at least from the factory to the coachbuilders where a body would be fitted.

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Today's arrival ...

dinkyfan's picture
dinkyfan
DTCA MemberUSA

But where's the little yellow box I am used to seeing?  Just kidding....very nice Jonathan!  I'm assuming it's still safely sealed in its package....

Best regaled,  Terry

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Yes, Terry, this poor racing car will not only never be played with, it will also never be removed from its plastic prison. Thank heavens this horrible style of packaging never spread beyond the racing cars!

Of course, they are now rare because most were torn open and the cardboard quickly discarded.

dinkycollect's picture
dinkycollect

Eight French Dinky Toys have also been packed in blisters, they are so rare that I have not yet found pictures of all of them and I have never had one in hands.

Richard's picture
Richard

Here are my two new companions :

A Bedford articulated lorry with black hubs, the tenth of the family and a "triporteur" with metal wheels.

Kind regards.

Richard's picture
Richard

Today, two new John Gay items !

Richard

Not a bad example at all of the yellow 4th type export no. 25f Market Gardener's Wagon arrived today. An unusual lot of plate still present on the radiator grille - headlights unit and some minor paint loss. A nice companion to the black wheeled yellow 3rd type model!

Also a green no. 25a Wagon, a 4th type with coloured hubs, a bit more chipped, which may be a candidate for replacement as soon as a better one pops up. Nevertheless, two for the price of one (or even less).

Kind regards, Jan

Richard's picture

Nice little trucks Jan.

For me, a new John Gay model : Dunlop the worlds master tyre sticker on a yellow version.

It has  front position red lights and  rear red lights. It's the second model that I see with this look.

Does some member meet already this decoration ?

kind regards

Richard's picture
Richard

A new DS 19 is arrived. It's the first version with cream seats. It will join its sister with white seats.

Kind regards

Richard's picture

Hi Gentlemen.

I felt on a nest of Bedford van 410 !!smiley

Kind regards

johnnyangel's picture
johnnyangel
DTCA Member

Richard,

A fine brood indeed! I like the Calberson especially!

Three additions were put in front of my camera today, some of the pictures to be included in my catalogue. I never had a 24s French Simca 8 sport in my collection, as it took many years to find a really superb and also affordable example. And now I did! Here it is, with its British contemporary counterpart, no. 106 Austin Atlantic Convertible. I have also been looking for a pre-war example of the no. 23e Speed of the Wind Racing Car for many years, as a pre-war counterpart to my post-war variants. This blue example's condition is very acceptable, with some paint loss, some fatigue and tyres in fair condition. The white pilot and the racing numbers, however, are virtually without any surface damage. Finally the fawn no. 39d Buick Viceroy Saloon. Not an example high on my wants list, but its condition was so dazzling and the seller's 'buy it now' price so very fair that I could not let it go. Kind regards, Jan

Pages