The pre-war no. 60r Empire Flying Boat came in numerous name and registration number liveries, until 1940 with gliding hole on top and with plastic or, later, wooden rollers. Post-war only three version returned: Caledonia G-ADHM, Cambria G-ADUV and an unnamed G-ADVB.
Some comparative pictures below, showing the differences between no. 63a ‘Maia’ of the Mayo Composite Aircraft and a post-war no. 60r Empire Flying Boat ‘Cambria’, the former basically being a pre-war Empire Flying Boat.
Some diffences visible at the post-war version:
Simplified bow part casting, remaining ‘scars’ of the former gliding game hole and the derelict cradle attachments etc. Of course the names, cast-in data and registration numbers are different too.
The real Cambria was launched on the Medway at Rochester January 11, 1937.
First flown January 11, 1937.
Delivered to Imperial Airways, London January 21, 1937
Acquired by British Overseas Airways Corporation when Imperial Airways merged April 01, 1940
Withdrawn from service January 13, 1947
Broken up at Hythe, Southampton January 1947
Aircraft had flown a total of 13,892 hours when scrapped
It would be nice to see many different examples posted in this thread! Kind regards, Jan